Monday 22 February 2010

A Little Too Easy?

OK, my blogging has been woefully lacking of late, and even this is intended to be a quick one.

Regular readers may know that I have very definite plans for "career progression", which sounds far too managerial, suffice to say that I know where I want to go, what direction I should be going. That path is into Full-Time University Chaplaincy. It's an area where jobs can be highly-sought after, and highly-prized. I wouldn't call it an easy job and I would expect long hours and hard work.

All this means that the latest job advert I've seen has left me somewhat incredulous - an historic Oxford College, a regular pattern of Sunday and weekday worship (of rather traditional bent at present, boo hiss) Diocesan Scale stipend (£23k), "possible" housing allowance (since having children is an excluding factor for most accommodation), and this is what I find had to believe, a 35 hour week (averaged over the year) and 38 days off over the year including Bank Holidays. A Thirty-five hour week! To include Sunday worship! Pastoral care of 500 or so students and no more than 200 staff.

Am I tempted? At face value, absolutely - except that knowing me I'd be unable to work as little of 35 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment